Methadone for Assisted Suicide
Bob K.
2006-08-26 06:08:31 UTC
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
unsubtle 420name brah
2006-08-26 06:43:54 UTC
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
it's all relative once you start talking about tolerance, but if you're
talking about 300mg methadone to a person with little or no opiate
tolerance, i'd say it would be safe to consider that a lethal dose.
maybe your body can react in time, say to vomit it back up, but
methadone comes on so slowly (if you didn't know that about methadone,
it takes effect much more slowly, "peaks" much later, and lasts *much*
longer than any common opiate i'm aware of), there may be none left in
the stomache by the time you begin to "overdose".

btw, even if your post is on topic, you're not likely to get a lot of
answers here. ADH is a population already criticized for things that
they themselves are into -- and who wants to be criticized for other
peoples' shit on top of that? you know, media-sensation-ready scare
topics like "people who help people *die* on the internet".

also btw, if you're interested in talking about something personal,
particularly something fucked up and painful, there are some uniquely
qualified people here who are probably going to listen to you.

take care
brah
Eaton T. Fores
2006-08-26 07:04:39 UTC
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug.
This is really the wrong place to discuss the "extreme lethality" of 300 mg methadone.
Many people in this NG routinely take 300 mg methadone when they get up in the morning,
then shower and go to work. The idea of a "lethal dose" of any opioid can't really be
separated from the tolerance of the person taking it. This particular NG probably has
a higher percentage of folks with very high opioid tolerances than any other corner of
the 'net.

Also, suicide techniques are more appropriately discussed on alt.suicide.holiday, or
one of the other alt.suicide.* groups. We have enough problems without becoming the
corner of Usenet that explains to people how to kill themselves. Having said that,
though, for a variety of reasons, IMO methadone would be a really poor choice as a
suicide drug.
--
ETF
www.etfrc.com

Astonished heart, loving unloved heart, heart of a heartless world, crazy heart
of a dying world.

Playing the game of reality with no real cards in one's hand.
smitty
2006-08-26 15:12:59 UTC
Post by unsubtle 420name brah
i'd say it would be safe to consider that a lethal dose.
maybe your body can react in time, say to vomit it back up, but
methadone comes on so slowly (if you didn't know that about methadone,
it takes effect much more slowly, "peaks" much later, and lasts *much*
longer than any common opiate i'm aware of), there may be none left in
the stomache by the time you begin to "overdose".
would it have to be looked at as a slow death process or are you just saying that
the process takes some time (perhaps to reflect on ones life) but once it *hits*,
you are history in short order. I can not see it being much value to suicide if
one is faced with long periods perhaps even before going unconscious.
smitty
2006-08-26 15:20:22 UTC
Post by Eaton T. Fores
Also, suicide techniques are more appropriately discussed on alt.suicide.holiday, or
one of the other alt.suicide.* groups.
Mr. Forbes, those *.suicide groups are a crock. they are filled with
people wanting to be saviors, also relatively a stupid bunch who think
they know the ticket to "catch the bus"..ha ha :) <as an aside when
I want to catch the bus I give myself about 8 minutes before it is
to arrive and then walk a couple blocks. very easy> and trolls. there
is really not too much going on there and to suggest it as a reference
point is seemingly helpful and courteous, as you are, but actually
promoting frustration and a waste of time.
Eaton T. Fores
2006-08-26 15:48:04 UTC
Post by smitty
Mr. Forbes, those *.suicide groups are a crock.
smitty,

It's "Fores," not "Forbes." *Dr.* Fores, not *Mr,* too <g>

Thanks for the update on the alt.suicide.* stuff. I'm really not that familiar with
them. I just don't want to see ADH become the place to go for advice on offing
yourself.

neurodancer
2006-08-26 19:01:58 UTC
Post by Eaton T. Fores
Post by smitty
Mr. Forbes, those *.suicide groups are a crock.
smitty,
It's "Fores," not "Forbes." *Dr.* Fores, not *Mr,* too <g>
Thanks for the update on the alt.suicide.* stuff. I'm really not that familiar with
them. I just don't want to see ADH become the place to go for advice on offing
yourself.
Yeah, we're really not very good at it. We're still here.
ND
Come awful close a few times.
smitty
2006-08-27 02:13:51 UTC
Post by Eaton T. Fores
It's "Fores," not "Forbes." *Dr.* Fores, not *Mr,* too <g>
Thanks for the update on the alt.suicide.* stuff. I'm really not that familiar with
them. I just don't want to see ADH become the place to go for advice on offing
yourself.
sorry about that slip. if I remember correctly I had just
jumped over from,
http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2005/10/27/richest-cities-US-cx_sc_1028home_ls.html
so there must of been some kind of lag or overlay. Is that Doctor as in "Medical
Doctor" or as in "Doctor of Philosophy"<PhD>?
DopeyOpie8
2006-08-27 08:25:51 UTC
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
If you've got a copy of "Final Exit", there are numerous meds and techniques
listed there. Much better info than asking here. As ETF has mentioned, for
many people here, 300mgs of 'done is pretty much an appetizer. Plus, opiates
are notoriously shakey for suicide purposes, too much and you can vomit it
out, too little and you wake up under the coffee table. Although, if you sit
up real quickly, the ensuing bump on yer noggin' (hitting the coffee table)
might be enough to kill you...but I wouldn't count on it.
Mike
Eaton T. Fores
2006-08-27 12:38:32 UTC
Post by smitty
so there must of been some kind of lag or overlay. Is that Doctor as in
"Medical Doctor" or as in "Doctor of Philosophy"<PhD>?
I was actually just kidding. I've never asked anyone to address me as "Doctor" in my
life (except the "Ed.D." who was the principal at one of my kids' schools ... I refused
to call him "doctor" but insisted that he address me that way). However, I can
obliquely answer your question by saying: nothing that I write or post here is offered
as or should be construed as medical advice. My comments about pharmacology are for
scientific, educational or general interest purposes only; or they are personal
opinions. Always speak with your physician before attempting to decompose a new pill
for intravenous administration.

smitty
2006-08-27 18:02:46 UTC
Post by Eaton T. Fores
I was actually just kidding. I've never asked anyone to address me as "Doctor" in my
life (except the "Ed.D." who was the principal at one of my kids' schools ... I refused
to call him "doctor" but insisted that he address me that way). However, I can
obliquely answer your question by saying: nothing that I write or post here is offered
as or should be construed as medical advice. My comments about pharmacology are for
scientific, educational or general interest purposes only; or they are personal
opinions. Always speak with your physician before attempting to decompose a new pill
for intravenous administration.
one thing for sure is you have the gift of expression with words. I can imagine
while reading you that you write just like you talk in conversation, plus a
good sense of humor. Most Doctors of any kind will not give unpaid advice anyway.
Why should they? And alot of the paid advice is wrong in my experience.
Abraxus
2006-08-28 17:45:01 UTC
Post by smitty
Post by Eaton T. Fores
[...]
Well, I tend to tell people that the ONLY "good" way to kill yourself
is through the use of a massive dose of Seconal. That way, they spend
the rest of their lives trying to find the last few Reds in existence,
and die of old age before they succeed.

Seriously though, if you really want to kill yourself, is it that hard?
I mean, I can think of at least 10 sure-fire ways to do it of the top
of my head. In my opinion, all this talk by supposedly suicidal people
is more of a cry for help. If they really wanted to kill themselves
and have made up their mind, they wouldn't be here anymore to ask.
neurodancer
2006-08-28 18:22:45 UTC
Post by DopeyOpie8
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
If you've got a copy of "Final Exit", there are numerous meds and techniques
listed there. Much better info than asking here. As ETF has mentioned, for
many people here, 300mgs of 'done is pretty much an appetizer. Plus, opiates
are notoriously shakey for suicide purposes, too much and you can vomit it
out, too little and you wake up under the coffee table. Although, if you sit
up real quickly, the ensuing bump on yer noggin' (hitting the coffee table)
might be enough to kill you...but I wouldn't count on it.
Mike
Hasn't done me in yet, but maybe I just need more "practice". Argh.
ND
Owl
2006-08-28 18:47:32 UTC
Post by DopeyOpie8
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
If you've got a copy of "Final Exit", there are numerous meds and techniques
listed there. Much better info than asking here. As ETF has mentioned, for
many people here, 300mgs of 'done is pretty much an appetizer. Plus, opiates
are notoriously shakey for suicide purposes, too much and you can vomit it
out, too little and you wake up under the coffee table. Although, if you sit
up real quickly, the ensuing bump on yer noggin' (hitting the coffee table)
might be enough to kill you...but I wouldn't count on it.
Mike
I'm sure the DEA will find a way to make coffee tables against the
law!
Mitchell
Just give'm time!
Mitchell
2006-08-28 20:03:06 UTC
Post by DopeyOpie8
Post by Bob K.
The book "Final Exit" states that a dose of 300 mg of Methadose tablets
(i.e. Dolophine) is "extremely lethal." I would greatly appreciate any
and all comments and opinions from people who have actual firsthand
knowledge about this drug. Thanks in advance.
If you've got a copy of "Final Exit", there are numerous meds and
techniques listed there. Much better info than asking here. As ETF has
mentioned, for many people here, 300mgs of 'done is pretty much an
appetizer. Plus, opiates are notoriously shakey for suicide purposes, too
much and you can vomit it out, too little and you wake up under the coffee
table. Although, if you sit up real quickly, the ensuing bump on yer
noggin' (hitting the coffee table) might be enough to kill you...but I
wouldn't count on it.
Mike
I remember a few years back I read a article in the local "excuse" of a
paper someone was listed as "OD'ing" on 20mg of done but I knew that was BS,
maybe if it was a infant but not an adult.
MobiusDick
2006-08-28 20:25:23 UTC
The problem is that one would want a painless way to go, and unless you
are an opiate sponge like so many of us here, methadone alone can take
a long time and can be reversed if someone finds you within 15-30
minutes since your respiration is not going to drop to zero very
quickly with methadone and you may just end up with brain damage.
Mixing an opiate (and methadone because it takes so long to act NOT be
my first choice) and a benzo or phenobarbital with large dose emphasis
on the benzo or phenobarb as well as the opiate would be a quicker and
less painful way to go. If you are already addicted to opiates, a huge
dose of a sedative would work, but if you were addicted to both, I am
doubtful that the method would be successful.

GHB is likely to be a very quick painless and effective way to go. In
doses of 20-25 grams in a naive user, death will occur fairly quickly
and painlessly.

MD
creamedbrainsontoast
2006-08-28 22:08:43 UTC
Post by Abraxus
Seriously though, if you really want to kill yourself, is it that hard?
I mean, I can think of at least 10 sure-fire ways to do it of the top
of my head. In my opinion, all this talk by supposedly suicidal people
is more of a cry for help. If they really wanted to kill themselves
and have made up their mind, they wouldn't be here anymore to ask.
i'll second that. when you really, really want out, everything starts
turning into a means to off yourself. it's like a sick little parlor game
-- walk into a room, and see how many ways you could end it. there's a
comfort to knowing you've got that escape route, when it seems like
there're no others and will never be.

which isn't to say it's a good idea to go for it, unless you're really
totally sure you want to and you can follow through properly. and remember,
someone's going to have to find your corpse -- do you want a loved one
walking in the door one day to see your brain on the wall? your blue,
lifeless body, stewing in its own shit + piss? it's an awfully big "fuck
you" to give anyone, but especially someone you care about.

anyone remember the judas priest suicides? satanic backwards subliminal
messages in heavy metal songs made two fuckups decide to off themselves
with a shotgun. one did it. one *missed* and survived, less a face. he
spent a couple of years scaring little kids before he tried again to kill
himself, successfully. i've come to in the icu twice before with all sorts
of pipes and tubes sticking out of my body not having expected to come to
again, and it's not a nice feeling, that realization. one of the times i
had fulminant liver damage/failure. that hurt. bad. but i still had my
face, fer chrissake.

but anyways, the people talking about killing themselves on usenet are not
the ones actually killing themselves in real life.
--
-creamedbrainsontoast
"One tablespoon of butter, one egg yolk, one scant tablespoon of flour,
minutes and serve on toast."
creamedbrainsontoast
2006-08-28 22:15:05 UTC
Post by MobiusDick
[...]
drugs are easy to fuck up even if you take an ld99 dose depending on what
and how you take it it's amazing how you manage to stay alive. the body,
it's an incredible thing.

one route that's underrated as a "painless" way to go is asphyxiation. my
understanding is that the horrible choking feeling you get when your airway
gets cut off is from the accumulation of co2 in the bloodstream, and not
the absence of o2. so just breathing an inert gas for long enough would
kill you, and you'd just gradually lose consciousness. note: i haven't
tried this, and if i did, i doubt i would be able to describe it well from
beyond the grave. so if you try it and it turns out to suck, fuck you.

death by drowning is supposed to be similar, once you stop fighting the
waves and let your lungs fill with h2o. co2 can still partition out,
there's just not enough dissolved o2 to survive on (unless you've got
gills). that first part can't be very pleasant, though.

goddamn, i'm on a macabre turn tonight. a week of class and already i'm
fixated on suicide! pay attention to me!!!!! guys!!!!!! i'm really serious
this time!!!!!! c'mon!!!!!!!!!!
minutes and serve on toast."
jongangles
2006-08-28 22:32:30 UTC
heya all,
to the dude who asked about the "lethal dose"hope you were just having
a bad day and are over it now,i from dublin and suicide is a big killer
in ireland for some reason,especially young men,its usually kept quiet
by the family or covered up,having had a few bous of depression
myself(by the way i think anyone who doesnt suffer form depression
occasionly needs to get their head checked 'cos they can't be normal)
some reasons people may have could be "possibly" plausible,like
accidently killing a family member or something really fucked up like
that,but the ONE thing i cant tolerate is people getting suicidal,or
even going the whole hog and offing themselves over financial
problems,that is happening a lot in the last few years over
here,ironically we are in the middle of an economic boom,bigtime,but as
per usual it basically just does what it has always done throughout
history,widen the gap btween the "haves" and the "have nots"i am only
recently after clearing my VERY substantial debts,which did make me
very very fucking depressed,"almost,"suicidal"but i had a back up
plan,which i adhere to to this day if itall goes belly up again"i hope
to fuck it doesnt"i not talking about few hundred or few grand,my debts
were 6 figures,but they are gone now,i will take the solution to my
grave with me folks,so i'll say nomoer bout that,
but i believe IF it is money,like Serious money problems making someone
suicidal,give it one last bash,get a rod,an oul banger of a car,even a
bycycle,and do a bank,plan it as much as you are able to in your state
of mind,and,well anyone can rob a bank,its geting away,do ya have the
5/0 on yer heels,start poppin at them,they will do the job for
ya,people wont think ya took the eay way out,who knows ya might get
away with it,jesus i am too wasted at the moment,cant remember what i
replied to in the first place,goin to bed,
goodnight lads and laddets
Johnner

Page 1 of 4