chewing methadone?
Mike
2007-12-13 17:01:31 UTC
Does chewing methadone make it kick in faster? and does it make it go
quicker or does that matter either way wether you chew it or swallow it
The OUTLAW
2007-12-13 18:14:44 UTC
Why dontcha just put however many 10mg. tabs. in a pill crusher--you can
buy at any drugstore--
and powder them. Then dump the powder right outta the crusher onto the
back of yer tongue and swallow with juice--or any non carbonated
drink-(the powder tends to 'fizz')-
I imagine chewing them would taste pretty nasty. Even this powdered
method tastes a little bad but I don't imagine anywhere near
chewing.....HTH
Mike
thanks man, allready chewed em up feelin good no w/d
The OUTLAW
2007-12-13 20:23:37 UTC
Glad fer no w/ds! How'd they taste? >>g<<......O
The Kind Doctor
2007-12-13 22:12:03 UTC
Post by Mike
Does chewing methadone make it kick in faster? and does it make it go
quicker or does that matter either way wether you chew it or swallow it
Hey,

I have found that chewing the 40mg tabs does really nothing to me to
alter the rate of bio-absorbtion.

Of course, the Methadose tabs my klinik dispenses are like Alka-
Seltzers--plop, plop--fizz, fizz! They kinda hurt your mouth (well,
not HURT per se, but "hurt" like chewing Pop-Rocks) and get stuck in
your teeth until you do a nice orange-juice swish!

Wait, lemme make a call here...ring...ring...

OK, just got off the phone with the klinik "head doc" and she tells me
that chewing the Mallincrodt tabs does nothing except make your mouth
taste bad.

Guess that's yer answer!

TKD
freek
2007-12-14 19:30:49 UTC
No Mike chewing methadone or swallowing it does not change the bio
availability so useless just swallow.
Regards, Freek.